This is the start of our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
Todays Scripture is Isaiah 6:1-6
How is your speech? Can you admit like Isaiah that your lips are unclean and so are the lips of the people around you? Do you need a cleansing of your tongue?
Everyone does, especially when we compare what we say to the Holiness of God.
Today start your prayer time by asking for God to cleanse your lips. Confess to God any miss use of your speech from yesterday and even this morning. If you have gossiped, confess it, if you have cussed confessed it, if you have used “angry words” ask for forgiveness for that. If you have broken someone’s confidence because you told something that you were trusted with to keep secret, confess that as well.
– Pray that you will be a neighbor people can trust
– Pray for your neighbors that all will be healed of past hurts caused by abusive speech, whether it was shouted in an argument or they were gossiped about.
– Pray for Take 5.2 – as we prepare to give the gospel to our community this Christmas Season
– Pray for Take 13 – our Traveling Trunk or Treat that we will be able to make positive contacts in our community and see people not only come to our church as a result of that connection but also see many come to know Jesus as their Savior.
– Personal Prayer Challenge – Today Pray for God to help you speak only beneficial words to other people and that God will help you not complain or cast anyone in a negative light.