Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.- 2 Peter 1:3-10
What if our lives were colored by these qualities?
What impact would that have on the people around us?
How powerful would a testimony be…
of a church that demonstrated….
Self Control – and refused to blow up at each other, where the people chose to live their lives in control of their emotions?
Steadfastness – and refused to give up reaching out to its community… it refused to give up on taking the church and Christ to the houses that surrounded its location.
Godly – every time the community passed by the church they would say – now there’s a group of people who live what they believe and I respect that.
Love – never wavering in loving each other and showing it those who need Christ in our community.
It would be very powerful…
so powerful we would see our Community and Culture transformed for Christ.
– Pray that our church would be known for self-control, steadfastness, Godliness and love in our community. Both where our church is and where we live “as the church.”
– Pray that acts of kindness will become the norm for us and would Impact the community around us.
– Pray that because Jesus is helping us live lives with these qualities that our neighbors would be drawn to Jesus and they would open there hearts to Him.
– Ask God to show you an act of kindness you can do today in your neighborhood to make a difference in someone’s life.
– Pray for Take 5.2 – as we prepare to give the gospel to our community this Christmas Season
– Pray for Take 13 – our Traveling Trunk or Treat that we will be able to make positive contacts in our community and see people not only come to our church as a result of that connection but also see many come to know Jesus as their Savior.